1. Leave wrap on for 4-6 hours.
2. Take a shower and/or clean the tattoo with warm water and mild soap (preferably Dial). Do not fully submerge your tattoo in water.
3. Follow your shower by running cold water over the tattoo right after you get out (cold water will close the pores back up to lock the ink in).
4. Pat the tattoo dry DO NOT rub.
5. Apply a THIN coat of Bacitracin to the area, less is more.
6. For bigger sessions put an ice pack on the area for 20 minutes to reduce swelling.
7. The washing and application of Bacitracin should be repeated several times through the day for the next three days (approximately 3-5 times a day).
8. On the third day STOP using the Bacitracin and switch to a non-fragrant lotion (such as Lubriderm) until tattoo is completely healed approximately 2 weeks (apply lotion 3-5 times a day as needed).
1. No swimming, Jacuzzis, ocean water, sun tanning, or spray tans for two weeks! Don’t hesitate to ask your tattoo artist if something you plan to do may affect your tattoo.
2. No picking at the tattoo or itching!
THINGS to REMEMBER
Your tattoo is an OPEN WOUND and should be treated as such. Fresh tattoos are more likely to get an infection within the first 4-6 hours and ignoring these directions will increase that risk. Please take care of the art you just purchased; because remember IT IS PERMANENT.